Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bummer :(

Got some rather disappointing news today.  Looks like I'm going to have to wait at least another six months before my residence permit is approved.  That means no work, no language class, no health care until then. My church is having a free weekly language class, which should help but I'm not expecting much from it, aside from learning liturgical Norwegian.
And then, in my malaise, quit a facebook group that had been my only social outlet here.  It might have been foolish, but I can only read about strangers' kids and their fear of vaccines causing autism (ugh.)  I did a four course graduate certificate program focusing on autism when I worked with preschoolers on the spectrum so people expounding on pseudoscience and lies makes me pretty angry.

But, I started a new scarf for winter, cleaned up the apartment, and made a smashing dinner.

Little victories... :/

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Are there no way to take language classes without a residence permit? I hope you will find something else to occupy your time and thoughts in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can pay for language courses but since we have only one income, we can't afford it. With the permit I get to take at least 300 hours for free! I am keeping my eyes and ears open for things to do but our budget and my lack of language skills limit my options.

    ReplyDelete