Friday, November 4, 2011

I can finally breathe!

I started a norskkurs at Rosenhof on the 26th.  That same day I found out we would have a test over chapters 6-10 on the 4th (today.)

Uh oh.

I had been going to a free course run by a local church but we didn't really go over any grammar, just reading out dialogues and occasionally translating a few words.  It was a terrible class and we had only "studied" up to chapter 4.

So, I had to teach myself six chapters, two verb forms, adjective agreement (et pent skjerf), pronouns, and hundred of vocabulary words.  I have spent the last two weeks drinking coffee (which I never drink) with my nose in a textbook.  Dinners have been lackluster, knitting projects growing dusty, and a husband somewhat neglected.

But I can breathe now!  It's done!  I have to wait until Wednesday for my results but I'm pretty sure I did well enough to continue the course.  As soon as I finished I know of two major errors I made (death to irregular verbs!) but I'm pretty sure I selected preteritum or perfektum appropriately in the essay.

Tonight I will curl up on the sofa with my wonderful husband and relax.  I will not study at all until Wednesday night!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    Thank you

    what part of Italy you have visited.
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Debora! My high school arranged a three week tour around Europe in 2002 and we spent over a week hopping around Italy. We visited Florence, Venice, Assisi, Rome, and Naples. I can still remember having the most amazing hot chocolate in Florence and now that I live in Norway, I'm hoping to go back soon and have it again. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley, i live at the nord ITALY, the name of my town is Sarzana, is near at Pisa, Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm abit late, but congratulations with the aproval! I hope the test went great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I actually did much better than I thought on the test. I had been aiming for a 70% (not great but realistically acceptable) and got an 85! We have our final exam on Thursday (more studying!) but I'm not so scared anymore. I've learned enough of the language so I can have conversations with my svigermor and understand parts of dialects. Hope your semester has been going well!

    ReplyDelete