Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm alive!

My dear blog, I have neglected you!  The last six weeks have been absolutely non-stop!

To begin, the husband and I finally have gotten rid of roommates and have a place of our own!  We are renting an adorable apartment in downtown Oslo, a few blocks from the Karl Johans gate (one of the main shopping areas.)  We have some pretty noisy neighbors, one who insists on blasting Ne-yo's "Tonight" for about 30 minutes straight every night.  I've taken to blasting Big Star Radio during the day as revenge!

An old tram running on line #19 down Bogstadveien in Majorstua, Oslo, near where we used to live.  They run old trams every once in a while but no riding allowed :(

But it wasn't easy to get here.  We attended ever so many apartment showings until we got one.  I think my mostly-legal status and unemployment here have been hindrances but that will change soon, fingers crossed. We had to move TWICE, too.  We stayed at my mother in law's house for a week because of a tiny bit of difficulty about when we could move in.  It was pretty fun though, she lives in the suburbs of Oslo so there were lots of trees (and bugs!) but it was rather relaxing.


I managed to finish my gloves!  They are just warm enough to keep my hands from freezing on rainy days and covering my chipping nail polish :/

While staying in the suburbs, we went on a trip to the western-most city in Norway, Florø, where my husband's father is from.  It was a gorgeous 10 hour car ride each way but I got to see some amazing things, like glaciers, old road markers, and goats on the road!  All of the photos are, of course, on my husband's phone :(

I've also become obsessed with wearing my hair just like this:

Mine doesn't get as angular but it's becoming my go-to style for some easy everyday glamour.  


This post is getting so long!  I'm "enrolling" in Lottie Loves' Finishing School so expect to see some self esteem boosting posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment