Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A is for... and a hardo!


Lottie Loves' Finishing School

A is for: A Little I Like About me!
  • I like my confidence with cooking.  I'm not afraid to try a new recipe and I always know it's going to be completely delicious.  I've mastered pizza, katsudon, maki sushi, all kinds of pasta and sauces, as well as baking!  I'm still working on a good and hearty bread recipe, though.
  • I think I'm pretty good at arranging furniture.  In every apartment I've had, I've been very careful about where to put things to maximize space.  I also love to buy house plans books and draw in the furniture.  I used to make Lego houses when I was little, just so I could rearrange the furniture.
  • I'm very proud of my crafting skills!  I've been knitting for about a year and crocheting for about three months and I think I'm doing very well!  I was never very confident in art class and blamed my small hands.  But I've come to find my hands to be adorable, if slightly odd, because of their newfound skill.  I think red nail polish helps, too and not painting the half moon makes my fingers look longer!
  • I like being adventurous.  In addition to moving to Norway, I also up and moved to New York City right after finishing university with no jobs, apartment, or friends there.  I knew I could make it there and I did!  It was very tough but I learned some very good lessons, mostly about budgeting and time management.  Those have been pretty helpful now, living on one slightly modest paycheck and living with someone who has been used to enjoying the finer things.  
  • I enjoy my independence!  One of the hardest things about moving to Norway is having to depend on my husband for some things, mostly situations where speaking in Norwegian is needed.  Since I don't qualify for free Norwegian classes until my residence permit is approved, I've only learned a few phrases but I'm completely fine with finding my own way to places and going shopping.  I enjoy hanging out with my husband, I did decide to marry him after all, but I like going off on my own sometimes and I'm sure he feels the same way!

Also!  It's pretty warm today so I wanted to pull my hair up.  I managed to get one victory roll up but everything else fell flat.  So I braided my hair in two braids, knotted them, and tucked the ends in.  Then I lightly teased my "bangs" (they're very long) and sprayed them into a light wave.
Front

Back

I hope this holds up outside!

1 comment: